The following forward-looking statement is subject to change without notice.
The user interface looks very similar to the previous generation but also offers the following improvements:
- Latest RR DB SOAP version for RR DB downloads.
- Forward compatible with existing configurations and logged XML data.
Info / Options Tab Improvements
- Fields under the same category are collapsible.
- Working scroll bars.
- Insertions appear at the end of a grid. On-going edits won't be disrupted. A manual refresh re-orders the grid.
- Double-clicking a column divider automatically resizes the column width.
- Column header click-to-resort is faster.
- Right-click on the header to choose which columns appear.
- Working scroll bars.
History Grid Improvements
- (Nearly) Infinite history - history grids can scroll back in time two years or more.
- The "Voice" history grid check box is replaced by two check boxes: "Group" and "User".
- The "Hide" feature survives with one wrinkle.
Main Program Window Improvements
- New VFOs tab provides a flat view of all VFOs at once.
- New Journal tab displays program activity and errors.
System / Site Window Improvements
- Consolidating a site with a VFO following an active voice call will transition the voice role VFO to the site's new consolidated location.
- Consolidating a site while decoding the site's control channel will transition the signal role VFO to the new consolidated site.
- Systems can be exported as Excel and XML.
- Double clicking the Calls tab divider resizes the call activity panel to fit the window.
- Duplicate site numbers are tolerated on the Sites tab (for those few very large networked systems that require them).
- System window Peers tab displays all peers. Formerly, only the Site window displayed peers.
- Site window Patches tab displays all patches. Formerly, only the System window displayed patches.
- Peers tab allows clearing select peers.
- Patches tab allows clearing select patches.
The upper portion of the Calls tab is now 30% more window space efficient for P25 TDMA sites.
Radio Window Improvements
- Oscilloscope appears in the VFO tab as a collapsible region.
- The above VFO 'scope panel toggles between three views - discriminator audio, analog audio, and a 25 kHz wide FFT of the quadrature data.
- The Pick Site dialog uses a collapsible tree control.
- Separate LNA, VGA and Mixer gain controls (same gain controls as the AirSpy) for R820T plus two levels of AGC.
The new version requires Windows Vista or later, a 64 bit multicore CPU and Microsoft .NET 4.6. Memory requirements are bigger than its predecessor. Version 1 needs about 7 MB minimum while Version 2 starts at 35 MB. However, Version 1 stores up to four hours of history in memory so memory use grows over the next four hours before reaching some cap. Version 2 stores all history on disk while loading only what is displayed into memory. CPU loading measurements of both versions running side by side show version 2 needs 50% to 66% more CPU than version 1.
- Remote DLL Support; existing 32 bit DLLs would be incompatible anyway. A UDP mechanism takes its place.
- Change type and/or model of an existing receiver. Please add a new receiver and delete the old one.
- Tool bar button themes; the new buttons are color bitmaps which can't be themed.
- Ability to run on 32 bit Pentiums; 64 bit processor running 64 bit Windows is required.
- Site logging; has been replaced by an indexed history file format.
- Windows XP (and Windows Server 2003) compatibility is gone. 64 bit Windows Vista, 7, 8.0, 8.1 or 10 is required.
- Running an external script "user.js" is no longer supported.
Some planned improvements that may occur at some point in the future:
- Export or reporting to PDF.
- A fast and efficient auto save.
- Waterfall display for SDRs.
- Break out VFO tabs as separate windows eg. view VFOs side by side.
- Browse to a system and download it (w/o first creating an empty system).
- Break the two year limit on history grids to become truly infinite.
- Floating VFO that is not tied to a specific SDR.
- ProVoice and P25 P1 voice decoding (no more VAC/VB Cable).